- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- ½ Tbs. (1½ tsp.) Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. hot sauce (we use Franks)
- ½ tsp. celery seed
- sugar, to taste
- 1 package (16 oz.) coleslaw mix
- 1½ cups match-stick cut English cucumber, seeded before cutting, if necessary
- 1½ cups halved grape tomatoes
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Creamy Coleslaw with Cucumber and Tomato
This recipe has not yet been rated. Be the first.
Vegetarian, Salad, Can Be Prepared Ahead
Active Time: 30 minutes
Start to Finish: 1 hour, 30 minutes, including 1 hour for cabbage mixture to drain.
Place the coleslaw mix in a colander, mix well with the 1 tsp. salt, and let sit over a plate or bowl for at least one hour.
Whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, hot sauce, and celery seed. Taste and add sugar to taste. The dressing should not be sweet—just add enough sugar to temper the tartness.
Combine the coleslaw mix, cucumbers, tomatoes, scallions, and parsley. Add the dressing and stir until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
The coleslaw can be made up to one day ahead and refrigerated until ready to use. Stir and adjust seasonings if necessary.
This recipe appears in the following parties: