- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup chopped fresh chives
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning or other seafood seasoning blend
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 28 oz. lump crabmeat, picked over
- 5 cups fresh breadcrumbs, made from crustless French bread, divided
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbs. butter
- lemon wedges
Herbed Crab Cakes
This recipe has not yet been rated. Be the first.
Shellfish, Comfort Food
Start to Finish:
Combine mayo, chives, parsley, lemon juice, Old Bay, cayenne pepper and black pepper. Add crab and two cups of breadcrumbs and stir until fully mixed.
Add the remaining breadcrumbs to a shallow bowl. Using your fingers, create small patties with about ¼ cup of crab mixture. Coat each patty with the breadcrumbs, pressing the breadcrumbs into the patty to make them stick.
Heat half of the oil and butter in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. In two batches, cook the crab cakes until golden brown, about 5 minutes on each side. Before cooking the second batch, remove any browned bits from the pan and melt the rest of the butter and oil. Arrange on a platter. Serve with lemon wedges and/or tartar sauce.