- 1 Tbs. finely chopped shallot
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- 4 tsp. fresh Meyer lemon juice (see note)
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. fresh orange juice
- 2 firm ripe Bosc pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 6 cups mixed baby lettuces
- 1 head Boston or butter lettuce, torn (about 2 cups)
- ¾ cup (3 oz.) crumbled goat cheese
Mixed Lettuce, Pear, and Goat Cheese Salad with Citrus Dressing
This recipe has not yet been rated. Be the first.
Start to Finish:
To prepare dressing, combine shallots and mustard in a medium bowl stirring with a whisk. Stir in ¼ cup orange juice and next 3 ingredients (through pepper). Gradually add oil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
To prepare salad, combine 2 tablespoons orange juice and pears, tossing to coat. Combine lettuces in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing; toss gently to coat. Arrange about 1 cup lettuce mixture on each of 8 salad plates. Top each serving with about ¼ cup pear and 1½ tablespoons cheese.
If you can't find Meyer lemons (Whole Foods often has them), use regular lemon juice and add a pinch of sugar.
If serving family style, simply put all the pears and the cheese on top of the tossed lettuces.
Nutritional Information, per serving
Calories: 100; Fat: 5.6g (Saturated Fat: 2.5g; Monounsaturated Fat: 2.4g; Polyunsaturated Fat: .4g); Protein: 3.5g; Carbs: 10.2; Fiber: 2.5g; Cholesterol: 8mg; Iron: 1.1m; Sodium: 141m; Calcium: 67mg.
Note: Nutritional information is approximate.