- 1 cup pine nuts
- ½ cup orange blossom honey
- 2 cups good-quality whole milk ricotta
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs. fresh mint leaves, hand torn
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Ricotta Spread with Honey Toasted Pine Nuts
This recipe has not yet been rated. Be the first.
Fast and Easy, Can Be Made Ahead
Active Time: 10 minutes
Start to Finish: 10 minutes, plus cooling time.
Toast the pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat. Toss over low heat until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add the honey. Mix well so the nuts get coated evenly and the honey melts. Allow to cool slightly, then add to a large bowl. Add the ricotta, olive oil, mint and salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until the ricotta firms up a little. Serve with grilled bread.