- 4 cups cabbage, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 2 packages ramen noodles , chicken flavored, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 green onions, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package chicken-flavored seasoning from the ramen noodles
California Cabbage Salad
This recipe has not yet been rated. Be the first.
Start to Finish:
Toast sesame seeds and almonds in melted butter until golden brown. Do not over cook or under cook-- you can smell them toasting. Cool.
Whisk all dressing ingredients to combine.
Break up ramen noodles and toss with cabbage, green onions, and dressing. Add almonds just prior to serving so they will stay crisp.
Do not refrigerate the dressing if used within a few days.
You may not want to use all the dressing.
For large parties, double.