- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ lb. Yukon Gold potatoes (about 5), peeled and halved lengthwise, then cut crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise, then sliced lengthwise (¼ inch thick)
- ¾ tsp. dried oregano, crumbled
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbs. finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
Potatoes with Oregano and Parmesan
This recipe has not yet been rated. Be the first.
Start to Finish:
Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking, then add potatoes, onion, oregano, salt and pepper, and reduce heat to moderate. Cook, covered, stirring and turning over potatoes occasionally, until almost tender, about 15 minutes. Remove lid and cook, stirring and turning potatoes over 3 or 4 times, until browned and crusty, 8 to 10 minutes more. Add salt and pepper to taste, then transfer to a shallow bowl and sprinkle with cheese.
This recipe appears in the following meals:
Taste of the Mediterranean