- ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. coarse kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 lbs. medium zucchini, trimmed
- ½ cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- small wedge Parmesan cheese
Shaved Zucchini Salad with Parmesan and Pine Nuts
This recipe has not yet been rated. Be the first.
Start to Finish:
Whisk oil, lemon juice, 1 tsp. coarse salt, ½ tsp. black pepper, and crushed red pepper in small bowl to blend. Set dressing aside.
Using vegetable peeler or V-slicer and working from top to bottom of each zucchini, slice zucchini into ribbons (about 1⁄16 inch thick). Place ribbons in large bowl. Add basil and nuts, then dressing; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Using vegetable peeler, shave strips from the Parmesan wedge over the salad.
This recipe appears in the following parties:
The Big Game