- 1 Tbs. butter
- ⅓ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- all-purpose flour for dredging
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh spinach leaves
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 4 5-7 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 oz. shaved prosciutto or Virginia ham
Florentine Chicken Cordon Bleu
This recipe has not yet been rated. Be the first.
Active Time: 30 minutes
Start to Finish: 30 minutes
Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally and open like a book. Layer one-fourth of the prosciutto, cheese and spinach on one side of each breast; leave the other side uncovered.
Carefully fold each breast over the filling to enclose it and secure with a toothpick. Dredge in flour.
Heat butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until very hot but not smoking. Carefully place the chicken in the skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side to brown evenly. Add broth; cover tightly. Cook 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.