- 2 8 oz. French bread baguettes, cut into 32 (1/4") slices
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 cup light or reduced fat sour cream
- 2/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 pieces center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1 14 oz. can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 10 oz. package frozen spinach, thawed, drained, squeezed dry and then chopped
- 1 tomato, diced (optional, for garnish)
Spinach and Artichoke Dip with Bacon
This recipe has not yet been rated. Be the first.
Start to Finish:
Thaw spinach and remove cream cheese from the fridge to soften. Preheat oven to 350°.
Arrange baguette slices in a single layer on 2 large baking sheets, and use a brush to lightly coat bread with olive oil. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned. If the bread doesn't brown in 10 minutes, you can turn on the broiler for 2-3 minutes but watch very carefully if you do this because the bread will brown quickly.
Place mayonnaise, garlic, cream cheese, and sour cream in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended and creamy. You can also do this with a spoon. Stir in ½ cup Parmesan cheese, most of the bacon (about 3/4), artichoke hearts and spinach. Reserve some bacon to sprinkle over the top before serving. Spread mixture into an 11 x 7 or 11 x 8 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle fresh tomato over the top (if you are using) and remaining bacon. Serve with toasted baguette slices.
You can make a healthier version of this by substituting fat-free mayonnaise and fat-free or 1/3 less fat cream cheese.