- 1 lb. green grapes
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup packed mint leaves
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar, to taste
- 1 500 mg vitamin C tablet, crushed to a powder with the back of a spoon
- 2 bottles dry white wine (preferably Albarino or Pinot Grigio)
This recipe has not yet been rated. Be the first.
Summer, Spring, Casual, Can Be Made Ahead
Active Time: 30 minutes
Start to Finish: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Puree grapes, 2 apples, mint, sugar, vitamin C and 2 cups wine in 2 batches in a blender until smooth. If you have a large blender or Vitamix, you can do it in one batch. Strain puree through a large fine-mesh sieve into a bowl, pressing on solids. Transfer puree to a pitcher and stir in remaining wine. Chill, covered, at least 2 hours. Serve over ice and garnish with a chopped apple.
Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is also available in powdered form at pharmacies and natural foods stores. It will keep the sangria's color bright.
Sangria can be chilled up to 1 day.
Blender, Fine-mesh sieve, Pitcher
Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/alltoast/recipesonly/display_recipe.php on line 770