- 16 thin slices cinnamon-raisin bread, crusts trimmed
- ¾ cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 10 oz soft, fresh goat cheese log(s) (such as Montrachet), at room temperature
- ½ cup chopped watercress leaves
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- salt, to taste
Goat Cheese Tea Sandwiches
This recipe has not yet been rated. Be the first.
Start to Finish:
To toast nuts, place in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until nuts are lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Cool.
In a medium-sized bowl, mix fresh goat cheese and chopped watercress; season with salt. Spread mixture evenly over 8 bread slices. Top with remaining bread.
Cut the sandwiches in half diagonally and then cut in half again. Roll cut edges of each sandwiches in the softened butter.
Place pecans on plate. Dip buttered edges of sandwiches into pecans, gently pressing the pecans into the butter.