- 1 large baguette, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbs. (approximately) olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tsp. finely chopped fresh sage (optional)
- ½ tsp. sugar
- 2 lbs. boneless tenderloin, strip, rib-eye, or sirloin, each 1-inch thick, trimmed
- 1 Tbs. favorite grill rub (or salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste)
- 1 bag (5 oz.) arugula, chopped
- chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley for garnish
Steak and Arugula Crostini
This recipe has not yet been rated. Be the first.
Start to Finish:
Heat oven to 350°F. Brush bread slices lightly with oil on both sides. Arrange in a single layer on baking sheets. Bake, turning once, until crisp and golden, about 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. (Toasts can be made up to two days in advance; store in a cookie tin, and re-crisp in a hot oven.)
Meanwhile, heat 1 Tbs. oil in a large skillet. Add onion; cook, stirring, until nicely golden, about 10 minutes. Add vinegar, sage and sugar; cook 1 minute. Cool. (Refrigerate for up to 2 days.)
Coat steaks generously with rub. Arrange on a rack set over broiler pan. Broil, 6 inches from the heat source, turning once, until rare, about 8 minutes (or about 10 minutes for medium-rare. You can also grill the steaks over direct heat. Cool steaks to warm and slice thinly. (Can leave steaks whole for up to 2 hours, then slice to serve.)
To assemble, top toasts with arugula, steak slices and a dollop of onions. Sprinkle with parsley.
Nutritional Information, per serving
Calories: 96; Fat: 3g (Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: ; Polyunsaturated Fat: ); Protein: 7g; Carbs: 9g; Fiber: 0g; Cholesterol: 14mg; Iron: ; Sodium: 131m; Calcium: .
Note: Nutritional information is approximate.